Friday, August 29, 2008

Okay, so it looks like I may have to do this in stages...I am having a hard time getting to the computer this past week and I still haven't typed out "The Birthing Story". There are a lot of twists to the story this time (I am known for fast and easy deliveries and this was far from that!) so it is going to take a while to get it all down...


Until then, I can tell you that God is good, all the time! Even though we had our trials through this labor and delivery, I had a mostly uneventful pregnancy leading up to last Thursday and since his birth, it has been smooth sailing. Well, maybe not smooth...but better that it could have gone.


Brady is a great baby! He is very good natured, like his brother and sister were. He is eating tremendously well. He had a weight check at the dr on Wednesday and was already up to 9lbs. That is 14 oz in 3 days, so needless to say he is doing fantastic and the dr doesn't want to see him until his 1 mo check! We are up quite frequently at night, but that is something that just comes with a newborn!

Peyton and Gavin are both adjusting very well to their new brother. The love to talk to him and even hold him. Gavin loves to run off with his pacifier and I have even found it in his mouth a couple of times. We have only had one "issue", if you can even call it that and it was when I had Brady covered with one of Gavin's baby afghans. He knew that was his blanket, even though he hadn't seen it since last winter! I just let him have it...he has gone through enough adjustments with changing rooms, sharing more things with his sister and now having to share with another person in the house as well!


So, enjoy the pictures and hopefully by the time the weekend is over, I will have the rest of the story! hahaha


Here he is, Brady James!



A wonderful gal from my MOPS group knits and is very talented. She knitted all of the new babies or baby to be-s little hats last year. I got mine at our last meeting in May and even remembered to take it to the hospital. They give you one in the hospital...but they aren't nearly as cute!





Peyton holding Brady the night we came home. She was very excited about her new brother! (She had pigtails in all day long as well as the head band...at her own request. The pigtails had come out, but the hair stayed the same!)


Gavin really wanted to hold him too. I think this was a couple days after we had come home though. The one who was my baby boy just last week looks so big now!



He loves the swing!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I can't believe he gained 14 ounces in 3 days...that is so unbelievably awesome!
We are all glad to hear that everyone is doing well, especially big brother and sister.
If you need anything, just call.
Love ya girlie!

Anonymous said...

We're happy Brady arrived safely. He's cute, as are Peyton and Gavin!

Anonymous said...

Brady is just as beautiful as your other two children. You have such a lovely family.