Thursday, August 7, 2008

Going Away lunch for my SIL

There have been several traditions that have been started since I became a part of the Abels' family in just the last 6 yrs. One of those seems to be that they are always moving and when they do, the Abels' "gals" have gotten together for a girls' lunch before they go!

When my SIL, Amy moved to North Carolina the first time 5 years ago, one of my best friends Allison and I took her and her girls out to dinner at Apple Bee's.

When my SIL, Cristy moved to TX 3 years ago James' mom, gramma and I took her to a cute little place for brunch called the Tea Cart! (It is no more!)

When my MIL moved to OH a year and a half ago James' gramma, Amy and I took her to Carino's.

Even though we had Amy's kids with us the first time, it was still a Girls Only meal! She hadn't had Ethan yet.

In keeping with tradition, it was time for Amy to move again! They had been "back" for 2 years so that her husband could finish up some clinicals at the hospital and get his Med Tech certification, but were returning to North Carolina; a place that they love and adore. So, James' mom, gramma and I took Amy to Ruby Tuesday's!

It was great getting to visit together without sharing the conversation with any men or children and the food was absolutely wonderful! This time it was a little different though. We ALL went to my dr appt first, and then sent the kids with James and took off to lunch. Amy hasn't been here for my other 2 pregnancies so it was nice for her to be a part of "something" since she almost made it to the birth! (I still think you guys should have waited 3 more weeks to move!) Kathy was in town and James' gramma loves every part of experiencing the pregnancies right along with me! Hahaha So it was a really special time for the 4 of us. They all got to hear the baby's heart beat and also hear my adorable Argentine Dr's accent. She is from the same city in Argentina that my SIL, Cristy is from, so I love listening to her.

It was great! Well, except for the whole moving part, but now I guess we just have another place to visit again!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

It is really neat that both your family and some of James' have been able to share in your pregnancy journey with #3 by going to your doctor appointments.