At 9:15 we headed over to the IMAX theater to see the new Batman movie. It was fantastic! We paid the little extra and saw it on the IMAX screen. I had never been to an IMAX before and it was really cool and worth the extra bucks. I was worried that I was going to fall asleep during the movie because it was late and I don't last that long in the evenings anymore but that wasn't even a possibility. It is like the screen wraps you completely up in the movie! During the previews, you actually had to turn your head from side to side to capture it all!
- Dinner with my husband: fantastic
- Getting him to shop a little to waste some time: even better ;)
- Movie: incredibly awesome
- Not getting home until after 12:30 in the am...totally worth it! (Thanks to the built in babysitter we had last week!)
We are going to work harder on a date night for the 2 of us...even if it is just something at home for a while once the new baby comes, you know trying to catch an hour of adult conversation together once all of the kids are in bed for the night (you know that 1 hr time slot, that by chance MAY happen) ;) Hahaha We will see!
***I don't think I am going to do an entire post to Vegging Out Saturday, so here is what happened! My MIL got up before all of us and was able to spend almost an hour with Gavin by herself before James and I got up. We had to wake Peyton up so that she could see her Nana before she left for OH that morning! (Peyton has always been our sleeper!) We had breakfast together, Nana was off and I rested for about an hour on the couch. We then took the kids out for some play time and ended up getting the slip n slide out for them while James and I sat on the swing and visited and laughed every time Gavin tried to drink the water out of the side that was spraying and it shot right up his nose! We came in, had lunch, took naps! YEAH!!! and then went to WalMart as a family later that night. That is all folks...No laundry, not a dish...nothing but relaxing family time! It was fantastic!
Thanks again so much Kathy for everything that you did last week! It really put us in a great position of accomplishment before this new baby gets here and has made me get some relaxing/resting time that I have been in such desperate need of!
1 comment:
The Batman movie rocks! Jonathon and I saw it last Friday night and had a blast. We made it a date night, too. We went to PF Chang's, then went to the local mall to the candy store for a much needed trip for sour Jelly Bellies and then movie!
AWESOME!!
Post a Comment