Monday, August 11, 2008

Still here, Still pregnant!

Yet another excerpt from Babycenter.com

Your pregnancy: 38 weeks

How your baby's growing:Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

***Doesn't say a whole lot, huh? Well we have an ultra sound before our appt tomorrow morning to check the fluid levels and size of the baby, so hopefully we can tell you more then. We are not in the "wait and see" stage though...just trying to get through every day as productively as we can...without me ended up completely exhausted. That is a hard one as the smallest activities wear me out! hahaha The kids and I are doing a lot of "table play" or "floor play" (when I can actually get on the floor) instead of running with them and picking them up/carrying them! Funny how that is all Gavin wants lately though! We sit on the couch and read lots of books and snuggle though!

I continue to feel miserable although I have stayed in my bed the entire night the last 2 nights. I had been having to move to the couch where I could be more inclined to help with pain and heart burn! I also keep getting comments like "I didn't think you could get any bigger". Those are the encouraging ones! (Just happened yesterday at church! Those people really love me! hahaha) I know that I will be missing being pregnant once it is over as babies are so much easier to care for when they are surrounded by a sac of water, fed without any additional effort, and can't cry...but I am really ready to get this baby here!

By the way, we have named him. I know I keep referring to him as "this baby", but James would like a couple of people to be surprised at the name when he calls to announce the birth, so we will make it absolutely public to everyone once he arrives! Those of you who already know, please don't post it here in the comments, hahaha. For that reason, I will post pictures of the nursery once we are home from the hospital...the name is on the wall!

My mom is currently planning on coming in on the 19th, which is only a week away from tomorrow, so if I can just hang in that long...she won't miss another birth of a grandchild. So hopefully, I can emotionally and physically endure another week! ;)

Peyton is starting to get really excited for the new baby and Gavin still has no clue what is going on! He will be totally shocked when mommy doesn't have a hard belly anymore and there is a something crying all of the time! I don't think that Peyton totally understands, but she talks about it like she does. She talks about me going to the hospital and bringing home a baby and the baby sleeping in the baby bed. It is all good in theory, we will just see how the adjustments come once he is here!

Hope everyone has a great week...I probably won't be posting anything more than baby updates unless I get a lot of down time, and that is not anticipated for a while! hahaha

5 comments:

Brandy said...

Ok, I want a phone call when baby boy arrives.
By the way, Jonathon and I are going to try really, really, really hard to come up in mid-October. We will be driving, as flying is way too expensive right now. Not looking forward to the actual driving, but here's hoping Olivia will be a champ. I can wish, right?

Lauren said...

Hey! You look great:) I know these last few days can be hard, especially with little ones running around at home. Hang in there and keep up the good attitude! I can't wait to hear your name for him!

Anonymous said...

Robin,
You look radiant! Enjoy the couch time with the kids and LOTS of snuggle time. Everything can and will wait. Babies don't! We're praying that when you do get the chance to rest, you do a good job of it and the kids rest as well.

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant (a long time ago), and nearing my due date, people would say, "Haven't you had that baby yet?" or "Are you still here?"

I hope your delivery goes well.

LeeAnne said...

I think you look beautiful! I will be waiting to hear the news? Are you planning on coming over to go to the pool????