Monday, August 4, 2008

Last week of July = Spoiled by friends and family

I have already told you how much my MIL did while she was here last week, so I am on to tell you about my Monday evening. 4 of my girl friends from church picked me up and we headed to Indy. Now, the spoiling began first thing. Due to the generosity of one of my friend's family members, we were able to travel in style in a gorgeous, pearly white, Cadillac Escalade! I had never ridden in one. It was VERY nice!



We first went to P.F. Chang's, where I filled myself to the brim with crab won tons and Beef and Broccoli! It was a nice dinner without any children to feed first, share our food with, or share our conversation with! (all but one of us have small children). We then went walking around the mall, looking at all kinds of fun things...places that I wouldn't dare take my children into for a leisurely shopping trip! These were places like Saks Fifth Ave, Pottery Barn for Kids and Victoria Secret. Our main goal for even going shopping was to work up an appetite for dessert. It worked!



We went straight from their to a Cold Stone Creamery, which I had never been to! The girls made fun of me because I was only going to get a frozen Mt Dew, so I got both! I got a frozen Mt Dew and a delicious dish of chocolate ice cream with strawberries and pecans mixed in! It was wonderful! They ended the night with gifts of diapers and wipes galore and an adorable gift basket of scrap booking stickers, First Year Calendar, onesie that said "New in Town" and bath stuff!



We did take a cheesy picture of all of us in the dark corner booth and I will post it as soon as Tami gets back from vacation!



God has been so good to me with the friends that he has brought into my life and it was a blast just getting to go out with "just the girls"!



(Don't forget the start to my summer with my trip to Texas and the ultimate spoiling trip by my friend Brandy!)



This was just the beginning of my week. Check back for more post in a couple of days to include:


  • Ladies Going Away Lunch for my SIL

  • Girl time with Peyton

  • Date night with my husband

  • Vegging Day Saturday

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I want a pearly white Escalade so bad...they look so awesome!
So glad to hear that you had a great night out with the ladies.
I can't wait to hear about the other stories.