Thursday, August 23, 2007

Peyton Reading

Today Peyton and I started off our morning reading story books to each other. Peyton brought about 15 of her Early Reader Phonics Books to me. Each book targets one specific letter and
has a story around that letter. I read most of them to her, but she read 3 of them to me. Here is an example of how she "read" her stories.

(Book in blue, Peyton's words are in red)

C c I Can See… (front picture is of a girl with a camera)
Mommy, she is taking a picture to me!
I can see a cat. I can see a cake. I can see a cowboy. I can see a cow. I can see a camel. I can see a car. What can you see?
What can you see? I see a cowboy, just like you. I see a cow, just like you. I see animals and a car. Mommy, she is taking a picture to me! Say cheese!

H h A Happy Hippo
I'm a Happy Hippo
I am a Happy Hippo. I like my house. I like my hat. I like my horn. I like my ham. I like my hand. I am a happy hippo.
I'm a Happy Hippo. I like my house. She likes her hat. She likes her song. She like her ham. Mommy, I like ham. She likes her hat. I'm a happy hippo!

This was so much fun this morning. It took everything I had to be serious while she read the books to me! I LOVE how she is just absorbing things so fast!

No comments: