I have been made aware that I didn't finish my camping stories...I left off the storm, the menu and our "next time" list! I will try and finish these up in the next few days.
I have told you that our site was perfect, well almost. We didn't have ANY grass. Our site was completely gravel and dirt. However, we had almost total tree coverage overhead. During the day this was wonderful. It was supposed to be blistering hot that weekend. They were predicting high 80's to low 90's that weekend and yes, for those of you that live in the south that is blistering hot for us in Indiana! So it was so great to have so much protection from the sun. It was nice and breezy on our site and it actually didn't get as hot as it was supposed to.
Well, our last night camping the kids were a lot easier to put to bed. So, we were acutally able to play cards and laugh and visit. About 10:30 or 11:00, a guy from the campsite across from us came over and told us that we had a huge storm heading our way. We had EVERYTHING just laying around. We started scrambling and putting everything in the truck, the van and under the screen tent. I do mean everything! We even unplugged the fan and the radio. We were worried how the kids were going to do through the storm.
Well, it started sprinkling...for other sites it was more than a sprinkle, but I already told you about our tree coverage. We went to bed a couple of hours later, awaiting the pour down. It did end up raining, a little bit. It was a soft pattering on the top of our tent. It was rather relaxing.
The funny part for all of us anyway, was that we prepared for this HUGE storm and we don't know if it just subsided or went the other way, or the people across the way just wanted to see how fast we could move! Hahaha I am sure this is one of those "you just had to be there", but it was hilarious, wasn't it Bailey!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment