Okay, a while back I posted a blog on my myspace page regarding my lack of desire to clean and my 2 yr old daughter commenting on it. Her exact words were "Mommy's house is dirty" and left it at that.Well my friend Kristen turned me on to a website called http://www.flylady.com/. The very first statement on this lady's website is "Are you living in CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome)? I was immediately hooked! It was all about organization, planning and more organization. I have ALWAYS desired to be organized and to be a planner, it just isn't in my genes.
The very next day I had made out my very own routine...my daily plan. Unfortunately, I did what she said not to and I went overboard. You are supposed to do all of this in baby steps; set a morning routine and get good at that, then set the evening routine and once you are good at that, then set the evening routine and do them all together. I didn't care. I needed this organization so I planned out all of them. For the first 3 days, it worked too! I was less stressed, excited and James loved it! For once, he wasn't worried or embarrassed if someone just dropped by.
Well, like I said it worked for the first 3 days. Looking back at my file on my computer, I created this routine back in February. That is 6 months ago! So, needless to say, I am still in need of this organization so I am starting this back up again. I will just do one area at a time...hopefully it will stick this time.
If anyone is in need of some more organization in their lives, I definitely recommend this website. However, just go by my example and do this is baby steps!
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast! I never liked to sleep when I was camping either :)
hey girl I love this blog. I too have just started make on the baby steps. I went through the same thing. Good luck.
Robin, you will always have a clean house in my mind because you have a good heart. You care about people, and truly, that's all you are going to take to heaven anyways. The house here is icing on the cake for the present. Good luck on your baby steps though. It helps keep the hubbies happy.
Irritatingly enough, FlyLady is always right. I, too, started out making huge routines and a juge control journal (LOL) and then flubbed it all a few weeks later.
I would definitely suggest starting with the night time routine and working your way up. Of all the routines I've worked on it is THE most helpful. It makes sure that you start the next day with as little additional stress as possible.
I mean, you never know if the kids will be sick or if you will oversleep or whatever. But you can at least know that you have clean clothes to wear that are appropriate for whatever you have to do that day, you have clean dishes, you've layed out what you need for the day, you actually know what the day is, and your house is a little less cluttered than it was the day before.
Not too shabby!
Post a Comment