The first night...ah, this was an interesting one. Bailey and I decided to take the kids to the bath house. She washed them and I dried them, diapered them and dressed them. We would do one at a time and when I took one clean, dressed kid back to camp, I would get another one until they were all clean! This is where the interesting part came in. The water in the shower was SO hot and SO hard the kids were terrified. It really hurt! We did the best we could without scalding them and taking their skin off. Time for bed, right? Well, not exactly. The guys put Kaidan and Kuper to bed while we were showering my kids. Bailey was already finished with her shower so she took care of getting Peyton dried and dressed while I showered. To explain the events surrounding bed time, I will divide it up by time. Here is how the next few hours went.
9:15 Twins get put to bed
9:30 I got back to camp, the twins were out of bed. Surprisingly enough, Gavin went down without a fight, Peyton was laying on her pallet. I guess the twins had been crying since the minute they went to bed. It was really echoing through the campground, so Bubba and Bailey were rocking them to sleep.
9:35 Kaidan in bed, Kuper still rocking.
9:45 Kuper in bed
9:47 Bailey is back out of the tent, WITH Kuper
10:00 Gavin wakes up because his sister is "singing" very loudly, trying NOT to fall asleep. So Kuper and Gavin are now both being rocked to sleep.
10:15 Kuper in bed. Bailey is back out of the tent...VICTORY!!!!! She is by herself! I am still rocking Gavin. Peyton still "singing" in the tent.
10:45 James walks around the campground with Gavin, hoping it will relax him. I go in and lay with Peyton hoping to relax her a little.
11:00 No luck, they are back and he is wide awake. He sits with Bailey for a while.
11:20 I am rocking, once again. Peyton is still "singing".
11:45 I decide to take a drive with Gavin. Surely, he will go to sleep.
12:15 I arrive back at the camp site, Gavin is STILL awake. So I begin rocking him, again.
12:30 GAVIN IS ASLEEP!!! VICTORY, well sort of. Peyton still isn't quite asleep yet.
12:40 All of the children are finally asleep and we can play cards!
2 ish I can't quite remember what time we went to bed. I know that we didn't last too much longer after the kids this night!
4:30 Gavin wakes up. We give him a bottle and he goes back to sleep!
6:45 Both of my kids are awake. Good morning world! Kaidan and Kuper were soon to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha! What a trip. That's going in the memory file!
Post a Comment