I have had a couple of requests for an update on David, so here you go. David is doing much better. He is still in a lot of pain, however they have began basic therapy with him. That therapy consists only of helping him sit up on the side of the bed. He will be in a wheel chair for at least 3 months, with 1-2 yrs of recovery ahead of him. The femur bone in both of his legs were broken along with many other breaks throught the lower legs. He was finally moved to his own room from the progressive care unit today. The progressive care unit had 4 beds in it with a nurse's station actually in the middle of the room. This is what I guess they use for the patients that need close observation. He was given a lot of blood, due to how much he lost during the surgery. He has A LOT of "hardware" (pins, screws, nails...yes nails and rods) in his legs. He is in great spirits though, asking that anyone who is wanting to buy him flowers or anything just to donate the money to the church! How amazing is that! He is still up at Methodist Hospital and probably will stay there until he is released to go home. They don't plan on transferring him to the hospital in Anderson. They are looking at sometime next week.
I still feel that David is lucky to be alive and I know that the family feels the same way. We all thank you so much for your prayers at this time! If you would like to send a card or an e mail, contact me at
robinabels@gmail.com and I can give you their address or e mail address.
Here are a couple more pictures from the accident and of the firefighters actually pulling him from the engine.
.JPG)
No comments:
Post a Comment