I just had to share a HUGE event that happened with Gavin today. Now, if you have toddlers that you are having difficulty potty training, do not read any further. Also, please note that I realize this isn't a post about Gavin already being potty trained or anything. It is only suggesting that he might be on the beginning stages of playing with the idea! Everyone knows that I have been fighting the potty training monster with Peyton for the past year, so I know how long of a process this is and how long the road ahead is. With all of that said, here is my story!
Gavin (20 mos old) has been waking up the last several weeks every morning with 2 words to me. They used to be "Goo Mornin Mommy" but now are "I poo poo". Well, although we have gotten a kick out of this, they aren't accurate words since his diaper is usually completely saturated with pee, but rarely any poop. Well, today he woke up from his nap and said "Poo poo in the Potty". I was excited, although I already smelled the evidence in his diaper and we went down the hall together. I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty and he said "yes" (another one of his favorite words that he emphasises a lot). Well, we passed the bathroom in order to get the wipes and he started whining "potty, potty". After getting the wipes we went to the bathroom, took off his diaper, cleaned his bum and then he started PEEING ON MY FLOOR. I quickly picked him up and put him on the potty and he finished there! So Gavin actually pee pee-ed in the potty today! I know it was a little manipulated, but he thought he was big stuff!!!
So, I want to emphasize again that I know this isn't a huge break through or anything, however it was a bit of encouragement to me that there is a chance that Gavin will begin the stages of potty training before the new baby comes! ;) I think I will get out the little potty chair and just have it in the bathroom just in case!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Robin, that is so awesome! While Gavin is on the verge of being able to pee in the potty, Olivia is learning sign language for "all done" and can finally do touchdown! Someday my mute little cutie pie will speak :)
Brandy
I meant to put that comment on this one! HA!
Post a Comment