Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gas shortages

I am extremely guilty of not paying attention to what is going on in the world and even the very country that I live in. While talking to my SIL who lives in North Carolina yesterday, I JUST realized that they are still suffering from problems caused by the hurricanes/storms that happened weeks ago. I was just told a few days ago that all of the coverage about the economy had really over shadowed any news about those still recovering from the storms in the southeast and especially in Southern Texas and I really believe it.

Yesterday, Amy and all of the kids were off of school. Amy is a teacher and the girls go to a County school. All state funded programs were really cutting back due to the gas shortage. Amy was telling me that they basically have to look online to see who actually has gas, then get in their car and hope that there is still gas once they get to the station. Just the other day, her husband Michael was actually the LAST person to fill up at the station that he was at before they posted the "No Gas" sign.

It is just amazing to me and really kind of hits hard when I realize how "into my own world" I can get sometimes! I am going to try harder to pay more attention to those things outside of daily realm of reality.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I am very thankful we do not live on the east coast and have to deal with the gas shortage. However, the local Wal-Mart by our house is now only selling Unleaded fuel, and of course our Infinity takes Super, so we have to go to another gas station for it, but that is ok.
I think you were a little hard on yourself in this post. You have to remember, you are raising two toddlers and a newborn. I don't think you give yourself enough credit. It takes a woman with lots of patience, kindness and understanding to do what you do, and you are the epitome of those qualities. Keep up the good work and with time, you will be able to get a routine down and catch up on the national, even worldly, events.
Love ya and see you in a couple of weeks.