I haven't posted in quite a while. I would like to say that it is because I haven't been on the computer much due to being focused on more important things like taking the kids to the park, napping when they nap, keeping my house cleaned and my laundry caught up...but that isn't true at all! The truth is that I am still on the computer checking other friends' blogs, just not updating my own.
I have had a rough time emotionally this pregnancy. It isn't because I wish I wasn't pregnant. It isn't because I am sad that we are having another boy. I am extremely happy about both of those things! I am just extremely exhausted, overwhelmed by the daily responsibilities which lead to my huge meltdown last week! Instead of going into detail about THAT one, I would rather focus on the positive that has come from that.
In just 10 short days, I am headed out on an airplane for 4 days of "me" time in the great state of Texas. It is a health and wellness vacation! I will be spending those days with a dear friend of mine from high school, Brandy and her family! She has been so good to me over the last 8 years and now has an entire weekend plus a couple of days planned for us together! Her itinerary has lots of good food and lots of relaxing time on it, including a lunch with another great friend of ours that lives in Texas as well, the one and only Unsinkable! I will go into detail after I return about where we ate and what we did...just know that I am super excited about this trip and it couldn't have come at a better time for me! God always knows what we need and he puts wonderful people in your life to make it happen! Her husband is a great cook and incredibly generous or incredibly crazy for letting another emotional pregnant woman stay at his house for 4 days! (Brandy is also pregnant, so 2 pregnant women getting pampered and eating to their hearts/bellies content is going to be great!!!)
Another one of those wonderful people has been my husband. He is taking time off of work in order for this trip to be possible. He will be spending some great time with the kids. They don't get very much "daddy only" time and I think it will be great for all of them!
So, I thank God for a husband who realizes that it is important to our entire family for me to have some emotional health and wellness time, for friends who are so generous to me, and for my mom who always tries to remind me that I am worthy of some me time, even if it is just 5 minutes locked alone in the bathroom with my Bible!
As mothers, we neglect ourselves WAY too much to tend to the needs of others and that is actually detrimental to our entire families. I actually laughed at Brandy when she called me 4 or 5 weeks ago and asked me to come down for a "Girl's Weekend". I told her that it was impossible! I couldn't have been more wrong! God was able to use her to help me even when I didn't realize I needed it so desperately!
Since the trip has been planned, I have had more peace, had more drive to complete my daily "tasks" and more joy to spend time with the kids and let other things like laundry go for a day! I had been in a very rough place and had lost my Joy! I was letting the stresses and responsibilities of my marriage, motherhood and daily life crowd out the joys and blessings that God was trying to give me every day!
I am excited about this new path forward and look forward to being the woman that God has called me to be!
Please be praying for me as I take hold of this new start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so excited to see you in jsut a week and a half...woo-hoo! We are going to have such a good time and I am so glad this has helped give you back your joy!
I agree, as mothers, we do tend to take care of everybody but ourselves, but we are important, too.
Enjoy the next week and a half with the family because I know you will miss them like crazy while you are here and I can't wait to hear the stories about the crazy/awesome things they do.
See you soon!
Post a Comment