Monday, December 3, 2007

Kristen did it, so will I!

Christmas Survey time!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper. With the kids, it is the only way to keep the presents somewhat of a secret. That or I have to do it RIGHT before we open them. I would like to have some gifts out BEFORE Christmas...We'll see!

2. Real tree or artificial? Always a real one! However, every year when it is time to take the tree down, I think about doing a nice fake one. That feeling usually passes by the time to set it up again the next year. This year we actually went to a Christmas Tree farm and found/cut one down as a family! It was a lot of fun! More on that in the next blog!

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend of Thanksgiving, but this year we were working on the bathroom so I settled for the weekend after!

4. When do you take the tree down? Before New Years! That is one superstition/tradition that I like to keep. It was something that my mom always did I enjoyed it!!! I also like started the year off with the "feeling" that my house is clean and taking the tree down ahead of time helps!

5. Do you like eggnog? Not at all!!!

6. What about Fruitcake? James' gramma makes an awesome fruit cake...it is most and really sweet. That is the only one I will eat!

7. Favorite gift received as a child? Now that I have a daughter of my own, I have started remembering my Baby Alive. It was a year that Brittney and I wanted different things. She got a baby that was her own and I got the Baby Alive. They still have those babies, but they are much different now!

8. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but like Kristen, I would really like to have the one from Willow Tree. I have 6 other Willow Tree Firgurines, a keepsake box and an ornament...it only fits in the sequence! ;)

9. Hardest person to buy for? Usually my sister, Brittney. Now that she doesn't live in Indiana anymore, it is really easy. She is a big Colt's fan and there are LOTS of things to choose from in that category!

10. Easiest person to buy for? This year it has been Peyton and my 2 SILs, Amy and Cristy (we exchange names with the adults in James' family because we kept growing with new babies! Those are the 2 names that we got this year and it has been great!)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I really don't like this question!

12. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail them and I think that I might actually be early this year!

13. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th St (old and new)

14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start towards the end of September and slowly buy over the months. That way it doesn't hit the budget so hard as it gets closer to Christmas. That way there is usually money for travelling to see family!

15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes I have! Sorry...that is the truth!

16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's cherry cheesecake, Queen Anne's Cherry Cordials, Decorated Sugar Cookies, and puppy chow. Now you know why I am having particular difficulty losing weight right now!

17. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like colored but James really like white, so that is what we have done the past few years and I actially like it! We did have the discussion about blinking lights or not this year. They don't all blink together or blink to a song or anything, so I won that one! They are solid this year! Hahaha

18. Favorite Christmas song? This is sad! I don't really have one.

19. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? I love travelling at Christmas time. Unfortunately, my kids haven't been with my family on Christmas yet! We celebrated the 1st of Dec with my family last year, but the other years we have just mailed Christmas presents. I hate it! This year though, we are joining ALL of James' family in Branson. Hopefully we can go on to Arkansas from there and see mine as well. We'll see!

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes I can. Usually I have to sing the song!

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning. We may start doing this differently once the kids understand the Santa concept.

23. What is the one present you want most this year? A new Bible. Mine is falling apart. Actually from the book of James all the way to the maps is already "out" of my Bible. I have to tuck them in!

24. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When I can't be with my family!

No comments: