Monday, December 17, 2007

Holiday traditions with friends!

One holiday tradition that is the same for so many is cut out cookies! There is nothing like homemade sugar cookies that you have decorated with homemade icing and sprinkles! This year, we decorated them with our friends Bella and Nadya! Their mommy, Rene and I have been friends since 8th grade! We were even roommates for a while in a rickety old house behind AU! ;) I am so glad to have her back around and watching our kids play together!


Just getting started. See how neat everything was!

I couldn't get Bella to look at the camera at all! She was our Super Sugar-er. All of her cookies had little mounds of spinkles on them! She is also the neatest child I have ever met. I don't think she ever got ANY icing on her face at all!


Nadya was our super fast decorator! She would start on another cookie before she was even done with the one she was working on! I think she ended up decorated the most! (see the orange icing on her chin?)


Peyton had one purpose for decorating the cookies and one purpose only; TO EAT THEM!!!! As soon as she was done icing one, she was eating it. The only cookies that she decorated that actually ended up on the plate (or at least she tried to get them on the plate) were half eaten and the icing mostly licked off!

***Gavin was napping, so this was just a girl event!

****Rene, feel free to steal these pics! I can also e mail them in their original sizes if you want!

1 comment:

rene said...

hahahahha! I love them!! It was soo much fun the girls had sooo much fun with that! Thank you for having us! It is really cool having our kids play together!! hahahah! Have a great christmas!! Be safe! love you!