Monday, July 30, 2007

Vacationing with my parents

This past weekend, we went to Tennessee and spent some time with my family in a cabin. It was a lot of fun! The kids traveled very well. Peyton didn't have an accident the entire 8 hour trip there or back home! She is doing SUCH a good job! We did have to pull off to the side of the road and use her potty chair one time, we were in the middle of nowhere! (I don't think I will post that picture)

When we got there Thursday, James took Josh and Peyton bowling while the rest of us girls went shopping! Every time I get together with my mom, we tend to go shopping. It makes me feel great to get clothes that are somewhat trendy yet, still look good on my "New Mom" body! This time we got 6 new shirts, an adorable pair of black shoes and 2 necklaces for $60! JC Penney's and Maurices were having a kick butt sale! Mom had also given me 2 new necklaces for my birthday, so I should be set, at least for a little while!



On Friday, my dad rented a boat and we spent the morning on the lake. We all went tubing, even Peyton! Gavin really hated having to wear the life jacket, but he finally calmed down and actually fell asleep sitting upright in my lap! Very precious! Peyton's favorite part was actually just riding on the boat. She kept saying, "I go on the BIG boat with Papa!" The water was perfect temperature and smooth. It was a beautiful day! Two of Hannah's friends were also spending time with her in TN while we were there.

For a little bit of a break, we pulled into this cove that had a pretty waterfall. The water had been shallow there for a while, so we didn't jump from it like some other morons did! hahaha The kids and James did swing from the robe swing though. Some were more graceful than others! ;)


On Saturday, we went to the Shiloh Civil War Museum and the Tennessee River Museum. I always have such a good time with my mom and dad and the kids are really starting to get attached to them! Gavin sure was a "Papa's boy" this trip! Peyton just adores Joshua and he treats her the same.



1 comment:

Brandy said...

It looks and sounds like you all had a great vacation! I think I need a vacation from my vacation...aaahhh!