Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

Peyton does it again!

Today while eating breakfast...

Peyton: Mommy, my neck is growing. It is almost as big as your guys's.
Mommy: Oh, so I have a big neck?
Peyton: mm hmmm. and so does Daddy! When I get big I also (she loves to say also) get to put that stuff on my armpits!

I want to preface this one by saying that I just started a Biggest Loser competition that my friend Jaime is doing. There are about 30 of us in it and I don't know any of them! It is really exciting. But it leads to this story.

Peyton: Mommy, are you having another baby in your tummy?
Mommy: No, Peyton. Why do you say that? (my mistake!)
Peyton: Your belly is big again and I think there is another baby in there. We need a baby girl this time!

Peyton had the stomach flu and woke up at 2:00 a.m. throwing up so she and I spent the rest of the night on the couch with her puke bowl. She coughed and I popped my head up to see if she was okay. She told me that she just had to cough…”not a sick cough mommy…just a throat cough.” I said okay and told her that I thought she was going to puke. She thought for a minute and said, “Puke means throw up and poop means poop.” (so matter of factly! Hahaha)

Seeing Aunt Brittney for the first time after we got to Arkansas.
P: Aunt Bwittney, do you know what I am going to be in your wedding?
Britt: Yes I do
P: disregarding Brittney’s response. “I am going to be your flower girl!”
Britt, Yes you are (one of little words)

Whenever anyone looks at or comments on Brady, Gavin has to stake his claim to him. He tells them that is his “Baby Baby Brudder Brady James”.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

She is too funny!

Unknown said...

She is sooooooo like her mommy!