Thursday, November 6, 2008

Where do they come up with this?

We have been potty training Gavin since Brady was born. I know it seems like really bad timing, but my mom actually started it when she was here for Brady's birth. He wanted to go potty with her a couple of times, so she decided to give it a shot. I am pleased to say that it has been going surprisingly well! Due to the fact that I have 3 children with me now whenever I leave the house, I still haven't take Gavin out in "just underwear". I always put him in a pull up and he is usually able to keep it dry. At home, however we are doing the underwear only thing. Some days it leads to more laundry than others, but the cost of diapers (for him at least) has decreased tremendously. Due to the accidents, we have been setting the timer for Gavin and taking him potty about every 30-45 minutes. He doesn't always go, but he always has to try. Anyway...that is where this long story has come to.

The past few days whenever I go to Gavin and tell him it is time to go potty, he says the same thing every time! "I went potty last night." Not sure where it came from, but it seems that it is staying around for at least right now!

Peyton was playing with Gavin today. They were playing very well together and had made a bed in the office. She proudly announced, "Mommy we are having a sleepover, no a restover that is right, we are having a restover!" (and yes, she normally talks non-stop in circles until she is done making her statement!)

1 comment:

LeeAnne said...

Wow you have a lot going on! Good luck with the Potty Training!

Peyton is cute!