Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Stats are in

Peyton had her 3 yr appt with the doctor yesterday.

Weight: a whopping 26.5 lbs
Height: 34 inches tall

She is still under the 10th percentile but believe it or not, she has actually gained 4lbs and grown 2 inches since her 2 yr check! She got her blood pressure taken with a cute little cuff which the nurse told her was giving her a hug on her arm. We also had to catch a urine specimen, and Peyton wasn't so sure about this one! They had a little metal pan that we could hang in the toilet, right above the water so it wasn't like I had to catch it in the cup or anything, but she still had a hard time. We didn't have any luck when we first got there, but right before we left, she couldn't hold it anymore!

We also had to have some blood work done. I would prefer to explain all of that next week once we get some results back, but I would like to talk about my super strong girl! I was extremely nervous about Peyton getting blood drawn. I was there at the hospital by myself with both kids and really didn't know how it was going to go. Well they called us back to the lab and the 3 of us headed back, double stroller and all! Peyton did great until they had me sit her on my lap, tuck her legs between mine and the second nurse walked in. She was starting to get nervous. Well, they stuck the needle in her arm and she said "Owy" and looked down at her arm. That is when the screaming began and it didn't stop until AFTER they took the needle out. As they were putting the cotton ball on her arm, she told the lady in a very whiny, very how could you do that do me voice "That is a boo boo!". Well she got a giraffe sticker with wiggly eyes and got to pick out something from the treasure box. She picked a bouncy ball! She still wasn't over the fact that they hurt her and tried milking it a little more by telling the nurse that her arm was broke!

She still hasn't let me take the tape off, however I told her that it was coming off today. We'll see how that goes!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I think her calling in life is theater :)
I love the story about how she was trying to milk it for more prizes.